SCAD-Savannah brought 2 Imagineers to give a great presentation on how Disney Imagineering makes (and maintains) the magic.
Here are their 10 design principles. I think they are amazing!
Mickey’s 10 commandments
1. Know your audience
2. Walk in your guests shows
3. Peabody the flow of people & spaces
4. Create a visual magnet (“Weenie”)
5. Communicate w/ visual literacy
6. Avoid overload & create turn-ons
7. Tell ONE story at a time.
8. Avoid contradictions & maintain identity
9. “Ounce of treatment- tons of treat”
10. Keep it up (maintain it)