I’d like to help your organization. Whether you don’t have a design team in place and you want help in design, building that team, or making your existing team make better design decisions, I’d like to help. Feel free to contact me so we can discuss how I can help you.
Here are a few of the ways that I can help your organization:
With over 18 years experience in interaction design, I have a knack for holistic system design in the area of people, services, and technology. My specialization is in the ability to translate business, user and customer mental models into systems that work for each. I do this through a process of deep investigation into the business language, thorough observation of potential users, and detailed research into customer needs.
My work lately has been best employed in enterprise contexts where complexity can at best be mitigated through clarifying tools that allow the business and its partners best service the needs of customers and their users.
Direct services that I can offer include:
- In house workshops that allow businesses to come to consensus with their organizational stakeholders inside and outside of their direct channels.
- Research projects that help organizations under themselves, their customers and their users for both the discovery of opportunities and towards creating collected design principles.
- Design of frameworks that do more than function, but fit appropriately the system’s context that allow for clear communication of capabilities and value.
- Interaction Design that matches user expectations, fits administrator needs for control and contingency, and is learnable & teachable to as wide a section of end-users as feasible given the level of complexity of a solution.
Allow me to come in to your organization’s design & development group and work with them on existing projects. During this time, I will use that project the same way I use projects in my teaching. Mixing in seminars and using project work as the basis for creating an educational studio, we will bring education into a productive atmosphere, garnering long term learning, and immediate improved results by your team.
Often teams just need an outside body to come in to offer the pivot of a point of view that can help them change their lens or widen their constraints just enough to gain that moment of insight that brings the greatest value.
One area of particular interest in mentorship is to guide existing design groups towards creating a studio environment. I have spent the greater part of 10 years observing and participating in excellent design studios and I have learned what works and doesn’t for various contexts. Allow me to teach your organization the value of the studio environment and mentality to help increase creative productivity, communication, design criticism, and peer assistance.
Of course, as a professor, I can offer my services to teach your team on direct topics. Here are a list of topics that I can help your organization with through direct presentations and/or workshops:
- Design Research
- Protocol development
- Active Observation techniques such as Contextual Inquiry
- Data Modeling
- Persona development
- Interface Design
- mobile contexts
- hardware interfaces
- Interaction Design
- Video prototyping
- Framework development
- Task analysis and cataloging
- Design process
- Prototyping techniques
- Experience Prototyping